Leadership for the Whole of Life
I hope you'll join me for this powerful new course.
Registration will open soon.
flour·ish ˈfləriSH/ verb
(of a person, animal, or other living organism)
to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment.
You want to flourish.
You want your loved ones to flourish.
You want your family, your company, your team, your community to flourish.
You want the planet to flourish.
You're in the right place.
What would it take for you to flourish in your life, your work, your relationships? Your families, communities, & organizations?
Consider these necessary prerequisites in order for life to flourish through you and those you lead. To...
- be seen as valuable, and worthy of kindness and connectedness.
- feel you belong.
- be held as someone who matters, someone whose life and expression are integral to the health of the whole.
- be nurtured, nourished, and even cherished so that your full potential is brought forth into the world as it was meant to be.
- be encouraged to grow and transform courageously beyond your fears.
Life is meant to flourish. Through you, me, everyone, everything. We're meant to relate, connect, express, give and receive.
In our current paradigm, some get to flourish more than others, yet everyone is meant to flourish. We need the creative brilliance that flows into the world when everyone does.
What if we, together, could create a favorable environment in our communities and organizations for all to flourish?
This IS our job as leaders.
- Awaken the innate creative potential and compassion that exists within everyone.
- Honor and dignify our individual and shared humanity, as well as our powerful diversity.
- Lead for and support creativity, collaboration, and compassion within families, communities, and organizations.
- Ensure everyone has the opportunity to flourish as they were created to be, exactly as they hunger and long to.
- Rekindle a love for this life that is greater than our fears
- Learn to rest and trust in the web of existence that has called us here.
“If the world is to be healed through human efforts, I am convinced it will be by ordinary people, people whose love for this life is even greater than their fear, people who can open to the web of life that called us into being, and who can rest in the vitality of that larger body.” —Joanna Macy
What I know...
- We must realize a deep compassion that allows us to open to the needs of the world, whether it be the world at large, the world of our organization, the world of our neighborhoods, the world of our families.
- We must rediscover our innate knowing that everything is interrelated and interdependent. Everything.
- We must reawaken our connection to the source of creative insight within that can answer the questions we face as a singular human being and as a species.
What I also know...
- Our natural resourcefulness is born out of our capacity to be creative in every situation where we Do Not Know.
- Our Essential nature is creative. Everyone is creative. Creativity is another word for your innate potential.
- Creativity is often hidden, dormant, and unrealized due to unconscious blocks, judgments, and fears.
- Collaboration requires trust and connection, which require compassion and community.
- Leaders can learn how to guide people, communities, and organizations to flourish in generative and emergent ways.
- Leadership comes alive where your fully embraced humanity meets your awakened creative potential.
- Leaders support the creative and communal power of people who've gathered to grow and serve.
Flourishing is contagious, generative, and (r)evolutionary.
For the past fifteen years working as a coach and educator, I've created environments in which individuals and and groups could flourish. By bringing together personal and leadership development, powerful curriculum from Stanford University, and a depth of listening that tunes in to the whole person and whole group, those I've worked with have come to reawaken and reclaim their innate capability for deep insight and active compassion.
People such as...
Community members affected by the Sandy Hook Tragedy
Family members who lost loved ones on 9/11
And marketers, medical advocates, coaches, and many more...
People like you, from many different walks of life, in a variety of life situations, learned this powerful, proven process. Using the tools and practices offered, these students reawakened an innate wholeness and creative potential. And many have gone on to create environments in which others now flourish.
Now YOU can be a part of Flourish ... a 12-week online course for people who long to flourish and lead; a course that will awaken your personal potential and your natural leadership capacities.
F L O U R I S H
We are living in a time of great change. Systems are crumbling. People are divided.
Yet, something new is coming. We might not know what it is or will be, but we can feel something rising out of the ashes of what is dying.
It is here, in the space between, where we need a new kind of leadership. A leadership of cultivation, nurturance, and calling forth.
I hope you'll join me for this powerful new course. Registration will open soon.
Course Schedule & Content
The curriculum of Flourish runs along two tracks.
Track One: You'll discover and reawaken your personal creative resource through learning the four tools and five challenges that reestablish your ability to navigate uncertainty and flourish in the various aspects of your life.
Track Two: As a leader (or service professional), you'll learn how to create and support the conditions for others' reconnection to their personal creative resource.
Reclaim your natural, essential inner-strength, compassion, intuition, and joy by awakening your innate resourcefulness and creativity.
This is your essential nature. It is within you and is the key to leading in these times. EVERYONE is creative, whole, and naturally resilient. As a leader, it is imperative you come to trust the power of creative resourcefulness within yourself, as well as learn how to support others in knowing and trusting their own resilient power.
Relax the Voice of Judgment within.
Judgment is the number one thing that keeps people from acting on and completing their dreams and visions. Learn exactly what judgment is, how it works, and how to quiet it so you can create, innovate, and lead.
Hone your ability to be fully in the world through vital awareness and embodied presence.
Learn to trust in and feel supported by others and by existence itself. Shift behaviors from feeling you must do everything yourself to accessing the field of possibility all around us. You can only do what you are truly here to do by living from a place of deep connection to everything rather than individual separation and isolation.
Learn to embrace not-knowing as a necessary and vital doorway to solutions that support and sustain your own life as well as the good of the Whole.
Learn to question in a powerful way so that you open into the source of possibilities that can move you (and the whole) forward in a way that supports and sustains. Ultimately, the question is more important than the answer.
Discover your Purpose - a Purpose that is simpler and more 'YOU' than anything you've learned.
Leading for this Purpose is truly a joyful enterprise. What you love is an expression of who you are. When you live what you love, you live you.
Develop courage - strength of the heart - by shifting your relationship to yourself and to the world at large.
What keeps you from achieving the goals you've set? And how can you guide others out of the hold that Time, Stress, & Fear can have on us? Learn practical practices to work with the stressors in your life and shift your relationship to those things that cause you to believe that you cannot do what you long to do.
Come to see and know that Life is relational and intelligent.
Ah. The most important area of our lives...Relationships. Learn to navigate your life and the world knowing that everything is relational and intelligent. This dramatically changes how you engage with yourself, those in your life, and with Life itself. From a leader's perspective, we will look at what is of the utmost importance to offer in the realm of relationship.
Find Personal and Professional alignment - what we usually call 'Balance'.
Learn design your navigation of life to help you stay focused on the work you are here to do with joy, equanimity, and resiliency.
Reframe how you define prosperity; learn and develop the four corners of Self-Worth.
Prosperity. Self-worth. True, natural, organic abundance. How can we as leaders grow people who know their worth, value, and dignity?
Wrap it all up into a living practice of your life as an expression of your deepest joy and a work of art.
Engagement with your life, others, and life itself can be a dynamic, resilient flow. How we do one thing is how we do life. Becomes conscious of how you do that one thing and you'll change your whole life.